Work with Bodies Race CompanyWhy it’s better working with us.
Join Us on Our Mission
Bodies Race Company is family focused and community driven, expanding into cities across the nation to make fun fitness available for everyone. Our office is located in Greenwood, Missouri while we put on races all around Kansas City. Not only do we bring races to other corporate-owned locations, but we support our fast growing number of franchisees, too!
We play a part in over 65 third party races each year, as we offer event production, race management and marketing, equipment rentals and more. We have a partnership with our in-house screen printing company, HorsePower, focused on custom design and apparel for all race needs. The Bodies Race Company brand is focused on quality of service. We aim to make sure our customers are more than satisfied with their results and have a positive experience from start to finish, beginning to end.
Our vision is to continue to grow across all markets across the world, and we need a dynamic team to help build our future.
What it Takes
Our mission of making a healthy impact in our community has expanded to making a healthy impact in every community, and the proof is shown through our team effort and cohesiveness. We work hard to put on great events, but the best part is making memories with all our participants. If you love the fast pace lifestyle of making lives happy and healthy, then this just might be the place for you.
- Must be able to smile through adversity. The weather isn’t always great, but the atmosphere is!
- Must have adequate stamina and strength. We aren’t picking up cars…just cones!
- Must be able to work weekends and willing to travel if necessary. Race season is always a three-day weekend!
- Must be able to adapt and learn new skills. Knowledge is power and transforming!
- Must be self-confident, resilient and enthusiastic. High endorphins lead to happy outcomes!
Top candidates must be assertive, accountable, ambitious, and AWESOME!
Current Open Positions
Operations Director (The Zoo Keeper)
We are looking for someone that can identify areas that need processes or improvements, will take the authority to build and implement them and take responsibility for holding them accountable. Duties include making operational decisions, setting strategic goals, creating processes for smooth progress, communication, create operational budgets, manage relationships and agreements, and ensure legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Proven experience as operations director or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and various business software
- In order to succeed you will thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing team environment but must have the ability to self-start and work autonomously when needed. We will find someone that is proud to be part of a great team and desires to contribute to the growth of the company and impact in the community.
Finance Manager/Director (The Shark)
Much like a Shark Tank shark, the goal of our finance manager/director is to enable the company to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives. Responsibilities unclude providing financial reports, interpreting financial information, maintaining financial health of the organization, analyzation of variables, developing projections, conducting reviews and evaluations, preparation of the budget, and corresponding with auditors and other departments. The candidate must have efficient computer skills with Quickbooks, Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Proven experience as a financial manager
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- BS/MA degree in finance, accounting or economics
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
Race Director (The Ringleader)
Our race directors call the shots when it comes to our events. This jack of all trades is responsible for customer service, site planning and permitting, course development, event marketing, sponsorship and vendor management, volunteer coordination, community development and race day execution.
- Comfortable working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- On time and dependable
- Willing to learn and develop new skill sets
- Poses efficient computer skills; Microsoft Office, Google Suite, able to quickly learn other computer programs and software
- Strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Strong communication skills and able to lead a team
- Able to work most weekends through race season
- Experience in the event industry, managing a team and/or project management is a HUGE plus!
Graphic Designer (The Wizard)
Creating masterpieces out of sheer creativity, our graphic designer plays a huge role in the marketing efforts. The job includes defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts, photos and more. This person shapes the visual aspects of our websites, social media and email marketing. The graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message.
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts, Marketing or related field is a plus
Marketing Intern (The Recruit)
Learn valuable skills from a quickly growing marketing department. Assist in digital marketing, campaign planning, content creation and advertising. The interview process will inform the responsibilities; we want to tailor this position to our chosen candidate’s strengths and goals. The position leaves room for any school requirements for internship credit. Length of internship, hours per week and schedule will be determined upon selection.
Screen Printer (The Deputy)
We want to find a qualified candidate to back up our main printer. Tasks will include printing on an automatic press with occasionally work on the manual along with everything else in the shop: folding, stacking, counting, packing, cleaning and any other necessary tasks. The right person will work hard and meet all tasks with a willing attitude!
Experience is required, but we will offer additional on job training and flexibility for the right person. During busy times some evenings and weekends may be necessary.
Full time or part time.
Family. Fun. Fitness.